Technopole maritime du Québec is organizing the MeRLIN network’s second collaborative workshop on May 24 in Montreal. Waste management generated by the marine industry: towards a strengthening of ship-port-city coordination has as its objectives:
- To identify the major issues associated with waste management and the main lines of cooperation among each ship, the port, and the city.
- To discuss the roles and responsibilities of each of the stakeholders in ship waste management.
- To align the needs of the marine sector with waste management policies and government guidelines.
- To promote innovative solutions and initiatives related to waste management and waste valorization specifically for shipping in Quebec.
- To encourage the implementation of concerted strategies among ships, ports and cities for the integrated management of residual materials generated by the marine industry.
For more information or to register, visit the TMQ website