March 5, 2019
IWSA Canada & US Spring Tour 2019
From March 25 to April 11, the International Windship Association Secretary General, Gavin Allwright, will be heading over to the U.S. and Canada this Spring for a series of events in this important region. The itinerary is still taking shape, however here are the key anchor events (other dates and venues to be confirmed):
- March 25 – British Columbia Institute of Technology – Marine Transport – seminar for students & faculty
- March 27 – Port of Vancouver – IWSA seminar hosted by Port of Vancouver (2 pm – 5 pm)
- March 29 – Montreal/Ottawa – IWSA seminar & policy briefings (tbc)
- April 01 – Washington DC – Policy briefings in Washington DC & IWSA NGO Seminar (venue/time tbc)
- April 02-04 – CMA 2019 – Attending three days of CMA 2019 conference in Stamford, CT. – the largest U.S. shipping conference. Alternative fuels and propulsion panellist on April 03.
- April 05-07 – San Francisco Boat Show – the Secretary will give a talk on April 07 along with local member Wind + Wing, also have their trial rig on show & booth there. IWSA & W+W seminar aboard a catamaran on Friday April 05 (late afternoon).
- April 08 – California State Maritime Academy – seminar for students and faculty.
- April 09-11 – Seatrade Global Cruise Conference, Miami – Environmental panellist, April 09 AM.
Visit the IWSA website news section to stay abreast of any new details or contact them.
Back to news